Travelan® helps to:
- Reduce the occurrence of symptoms of traveller’s diarrhoea.
- Decrease symptoms of traveller’s diarrhoea when travelling.
- Reduce the occurrence of diarrhoea when travelling.
- Decrease abdominal cramping and gastrointestinal pain.
- Reduce mild gastrointestinal tract inflammation.
- Maintain gastrointestinal function and enhance gastrointestinal system health.
- Enhance immune defence and support healthy gastrointestinal immune function.
How does Travelan® work?
The active ingredient in Travelan® is hyperimmune bovine colostrum powder, a rich source of antibodies that bind to Enterotoxigenic E. coli in the gastrointestinal tract, preventing them from attaching to the intestinal wall and thereby neutralising their ability to cause travellers’ diarrhoea and its associated symptoms. Hyperimmune colostrum is developed under Immuron's proprietary technology to create high titers of antibodies to a range of E- Coli bacteria that is present in normal colostrum in very small amounts.
When do I take Travelan®?
Take one Travelan® caplet before every meal. Additional caplets may be taken when increased protection is required, i.e. when snacking between meals or if circumstances suggest an increased risk of infection. Travela® should be used as an adjunct to normal travel hygiene practices such as “boil it, cook it, peel it.”
Has Travelan® been clinically tested?
Yes. Travelan® has undergone clinical testing in randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials. Clinical trials show Travelan® confers protection of up to 90% against infection with the major strain of E.coli that causes travellers' diarrhoea. In addition these trials showed a significant reduction in abdominal cramps and stomach pain compared to those who did not receive Travelan. There were no reported treatment-related side effects.